Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Restorative/Yin Yoga, Amrit Yoga, Flower Essences & More!
Here are the upcoming Adult Classes at the Armory that still have spaces open:
Restorative/Yin Yoga, Wednesdays January 4 through February 22nd, 8:00-9:15 pm, $96 for the series or $15 per class.Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time than most other yoga styles. This eight-week series is offered for all-levels of experience. Expect a meditative yoga class comprised of relaxing, calming poses with long-ish holds, designed to help you unwind from your day.
Amrit Yoga, Fridays January 20th through February 24, 5:45 -6:45 pm, $60 for the series or $15 per class. This introductory 6-week series focuses on approaching foundational poses through the principles of Amrit yoga. Students can join the full series or drop-in to individual classes. These classes are suitable for new students or students looking to restore their practice.
Introduction to Flower Essences, Wednesday, January 25th, 7:00 to 8:30 pm, $25 for the class. There will be a brief discussion on the nature of flower essences and some examples of case studies. Students will then have an opportunity to work with three different flower essences during the course of the evening, and will leave with a better understanding of how to work with flower essences to enhance emotional well-being.
Other Adult Classes currently open for enrollment include:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Info Session 1, Friday, January 13, from 1 to 2:30 pm, between $5 and $10 (depending on time of registration).
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Info Session 2, Friday, January 20, from 1 to 2:30 pm, between $5 and $10 (depending on time of registration).
- DIY Organic Face Products, Thursday, Feb 2, from 6 to 8:00 pm, $25 per person. A $10 materials fee should be paid to the instructor at the beginning of the session.
- DIY Organic Men's Products, Thursday, Feb 9, from 6 to 8:00 pm, $25 per person. A $10 materials fee should be paid to the instructor at the beginning of the session.
- DIY Organic Baby Products, Thursday, Feb 16, from 6 to 8:00 pm, $25 per person. A $10 materials fee should be paid to the instructor at the beginning of the session.
Know a teenager interested in art?
Youth Arts Arise is a FREE afterschool art program for youth ages 11-16. It runs Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3:30-5:30 pm. Contact us to register!
The winter 2017 session for our after school arts program will run from January 10th through March 22nd (excluding February 21 and 22).
Topics will include:
Meditation, Nature and Art - Jan 10 & 17
Japanese Woodcut -Jan 11 & 18
Film Critique - Jan 24, 31 & Feb 7
Mark-Making, Painting and Color - Jan 25 & Feb 1
Theater Makeup - Feb 8 & 15
Storytelling "Too Much Noise" - Feb 14 & 28
Storytelling "Bring the Light" - Mar 1 & 8
(The stories will be performed by the students at the Armory Teen Open Mic on March 8)
3D Sculptures - Mar 7, 14 & 21
World Music Singing - Mar 15 & 22
You can find the registration form attached.
Have a toddler?
Check out Expressive Explorers, our toddler art program for kids ages 18 months to 5 years. The winter semester will start on January 12, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am, in the Mezzanine (unless specified otherwise). $5 per participating child. Please remember to sign in when you first arrive. Drop in at your convenience any time during any session!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or for more information.