Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Thursday, June 18, 2015

Reminder: This Saturday: Make Big Photos! Open House: Sat, June 20, 9am to 1pm

A reminder that I'll be holding an Open House this Saturday from 9-1 at my studio at 6 Vernon Street. Everyone is invited to come and make some big photographs. No RSVP or invitation necessary - just drop by.
Here's the basic info:
Want to see what your photos look like really big?

On Saturday, June 20, from 9am to 1pm, I'm holding an Open House in my studio at 6 Vernon St in Somerville, 2nd floor. You can drop by, no reservation or RSVP necessary, and make a big print or two. My Epson 9890 can print any size up to 48" x 96". (Attached is a jpg of the printer.)
Just bring your jpgs on a thumbdrive, about 150 dpi at print size. (I can also enlarge smaller jpgs.) We'll pop it into my Mac and make a print on the Epson 9890. I'll have some 24" wide Epson Luster photo paper loaded up and ready to go.
The only charge is $25 per print, up to 24" x 36". One print takes about 5 minutes. If you want to try something larger, it's $5 a square foot.
I hope you can drop by, and email me at gduehr@comcast.net if you have questions.

Best,

Gary Duehr
www.garyduehr.com
p.s. I also rent my Epson by the hour. Here are the details:
I have an Epson 9890 printer at my studio on the second floor of 6 Vernon Street, Somerville. It's available for rent by the hour, which includes me as operator and Photoshop expert. We can proof together, and you can get exactly the prints you want. It prints from letter size up to 44"x96" on media including watercolor paper, canvas, vinyl, transparent film, plexiglas and aluminum. The 9890 uses archival pigment ink, rated up to 200 years before fading.
The rental is $75 an hour, with a two-hour minimum. The charge for prints is $6 s/f for ink, based on the size of the image (not media). Typically an artist can make 5-10 prints in a couple hours, for about $200. I will be there to help with preparing the images and working with the printer. Images should be brought in on a CD or thumbdrive - ideally final print size at 150 dpi. You can save them as hi-res jpgs. But I can help enlarge images and get them ready. (Don't bring in Raw images because they may not open.)

You can bring in your own media, either photo paper or other such as plain Somerset Velvet watercolor paper (which takes the ink really well). Other suitable papers include Stonehenge and some Arches, though not Rives BFK. (I also have a variety of media you can use at $6 s/f .) During your rental time, you may make any number of prints at any size.

Useful sites for paper:

lexjet.com

redriverpaper.com

Maximum paper thickness: 1.5mm (1/16")



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?