Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Call for Fixers! Fixer Saturdays all summer at the Somerville Tool Library

This summer at the Somerville Tool Library/Parts and Crafts, I'll be running a series called Fixer Saturdays. From 1-3pm each Saturday, we'll invite the public in to work on/tinker with/fix/learn to fix/upcycle a specific kind of item. I am seeking folks with special interests or skills in specific repair areas to advise, volunteer, help, hang out, etc.

July 11: U Mad, Bra? - Bra repair! It's hard to think of an item that can suffer catastrophic failure so soon after purchase. I've recently learned techniques for fixing underwires and I will acquire some basic supplies and tools to repair most typical bra issues.

July 18th: Anachronistic Audio Repair Project #2 - the first AARP was in February and even though the weather was horrible, some great folks showed up. I am looking for people who are interested in repairing non-digital audio equipment like CD players, tape decks, boom boxes & transistor radios.

July 25th: Open Laptop Surgery - this is going to be an event about walking people through basic laptop repairs like replacing a keyboard or screen and helping folks get comfortable with opening up their laptops and seeing what's inside. I'm especially interested in anyone who has experience with Macs - I have the tools to open Apple devices, but it's not something I've done a lot.

Please email me at somervilletoollibrary@gmail.com if you are interested in helping out. Also, I haven't finalized the schedule for August and if there is something you really like to repair and would like to collaborate on an event like this, let me know!



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?