Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Monday, May 05, 2014

SOMERVILLE ARTIST OF THE MONTH - May 2014

The Somerville Arts Council is pleased to announce the May Artist of the Month.

Greer Muldowney, May Artist of the Month

What’s a brief overview of what you do?

I suppose I do many things, all photography and art related. I'm a photographer by medium, but I also teach photography at the college level, and organize arts events. Currently, I am the regional coordinator for the Flash Forward Festival, this year occuring May 1-4 at the Fairmont Battery Wharf.

I also do a bit of independent curating as well- with shows for The Nave Gallery here in Somerville, as well as the annual "Undergraduate Photography Now" exhibition that I organize for the Flash Forward Festival.

Are there some past projects you’d like to mention in more detail?

http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/sacfiles/imce/editor/artistmonth/Muldowney_CheungShaWan_2_small.jpg

As an artist, I am probably most known for the work I did in Hong Kong. My "6,426 Km2" series was about media perception and Western (American, really) bias towards China. I would say that my new work is very similar to this, as it deals with looking at the landscape and challenging notions of architecture and sustainability as progress.

As an organizer? I helped start the Toy Camera exhibition at the Nave Gallery in 2009, known then as the "Alter-Ego" exhibitions, which was both toy camera and alternative processes. After two successful runs of this show, it spawned the Somerville Toy Camera Festival, which is now in its second year.

For the full interview go here: http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artistmonth/muldowney



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?