Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Tuesday, December 07, 2010

SOMERVILLE GALLERY EXHIBITION - December 10-29, 2010

The Washington Street Art Center Presents:

Un-Structured. Paintings and Drawings by Jerry Pisani
Washington Street Art Center
December 10 - 29, 2010

OPENING RECEPTION: Friday, December 10, 2010, 6 to 9 pm

ON VIEW: December 10 - 29, Saturdays 12-4, and by appointment

CONTACT: gallery321@gmail.com
www.Washingtonst.org
For high-resolution photos and/or interviews, the press should contact Jerry Pisani, at jerrypisani@gmail.com.

Washington Street Art Center
321 Washington Street
Somerville, Ma 02143
617 623-5315


If I am attracted initially to the color and shape of buildings, it seems that I am forever captivated by their identity. As I get to know them they become silent friends and companions that mark a time, a place or a feeling in my life.
Much like a friend, I get to visit them again and again. Maybe as part of a commute, a view from a window, a vacation photo, or a milestone in a well traveled place. The difference here is that a person comes into another person's story over time and through some shared experiences. They build the experience together and are responsible for how their story unfolds. With any luck (or skill) the experience that is shared is long lasting, positive and continuous.
Like an initial attraction I am instantly driven to explore the colors and shapes that first caught my eye. That only gets me so far and soon I want to know more. It is at this point that structures become alive and I begin to create our shared story. My work is a safe place for me to unpack identities, honor traits, forgive weakness, accept contentment, provide support and build relationships.
Creating each piece is like making a new friend. The structure that you see is only the beginning of the story and a window to many others. As I work on a piece and get to know the subject, my feelings for the work change and grow. In many cases, I am working to create an image that I can trust.
It is my hope that as you view them, you will get to know them in your own way.

The Washington Street Art Center houses Gallery 321, hosts studio space for
more than twenty visual artists, and presents exhibitions, concerts, film
series, and other art initiatives. The Center participates in Somerville Open Studios each May.

The Washington Street Art Center is between Union Square and Beacon Street, a five-minute walk from Union Square and a ten-minute walk from Harvard
Square (two blocks from Beacon Street). The Center is near or on the following
bus routes: 87, 83, 86, and 91. Parking is free and ample.



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?