Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

BOSTON SOUTH END OPEN STUDIOS - SEP 25-26, 2010

This weekend only, during South End Open Studios, Sept. 25-26, from 11 am. to 6 pm., all of my color and black & white prints, including prints of my Grandfather's photos of China, will be 25% off! If you have been thinking about ordering one of my photos, now is the time. And if you can't make it in this weekend, just call or email me with your order, or to ask any questions. I'll be happy to send you jpegs to help you make your decision. You are also invited to First Friday Open Studios the following Friday, October 1st, from 5-9 pm.; both events at 450 Harrison Ave., Studio 227, Boston, MA.

Having completely re-done my studio, I now have much more display space with new lighting and many new framed prints; I hope you'll come and see them. And for the next 2 months, I am proud and excited to also host the photography of Bruce Rathbun, a unique artist and craftsman (and my customer; I drum scan Bruce's 8x20 and 11x14 negatives). Bruce is showing 25 new Platinum Palladium prints during both weekends; these prints must be seen to be believed, just ask anyone who saw them last month!

H u b C a p S h a c k · Dushore, Pennsylvania © 2010 Bruce Rathbun

"Two Lanes Wide: Images From The Open Road."
"One image. One day. Seldom are second chances possible; many of the dilapidated barns, broken down cars and main street store fronts I shoot are by their very nature living on borrowed time. Using an old wooden 8"x20" view camera I set out each year and hit the small towns off the two lane roads across the country. Working with such a large camera is slow and methodical in nature. In the tradition reminiscent of the early days of photography, I print my images using the Platinum Palladium process, which dates back to 1804. With a long tonal range, the print takes on a three dimensional feel. Each contact print is hand-coated on Arches Platine paper; the prints are one of a kind and unique in nature. There is no other medium so rich and expressive as a Platinum Palladium print."
Bruce Rathbun: view@beRathbun.com; (617) 640-9174 ; www.beRathbun.com

Also this month, in addition to new prints from my personal collection, I will continue to feature newly restored photographs of early 20th century China from the archive of my Grandfather, William Leete. Finally, I will have new examples of client work, both photography and Fine-Art reproductions.
(Please scroll down to learn about my Printers and Computer for sale)

Entrance Hall, Longmen Caves, near Loyang, 1937; Photo William Leete; Restoration and Print ©2010 William Morse

As always during Open Studios, the building's 21 galleries and more than 70 artists' studios will be open. There is off street parking at 500 Harrison Avenue as well as on street parking. The MBTA Silver Line stop is East Berkeley, just one block away.

See you this weekend, and the following Friday!

Bill Morse

Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Printmaking Studio
450 Harrison Avenue, Studio 227
Boston, MA 02118

Bill@MorseEditions.com (617) 429-3298 http://MorseEditions.com

PS- As you probably know, I send out emails to many people, so if you are able to come in this month, please introduce yourself to me again, so that I can continue to connect your names and faces. And if you would consider forwarding this email to other friends or colleagues who would be interested, I would greatly appreciate it!

If you received this email from a friend, and would like to subscribe to these monthly announcements, please send an email to the address above.



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?