Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Wednesday, May 05, 2010

BOSTON FIRST FRIDAY OPEN STUDIOS - May 7, 2010

I would like to invite you to First Friday Open Studios this Friday, May. 7th, from 5-9 pm., at 450 Harrison Ave., Studio 227, Boston, MA. Due to a large house renovation, I have not been open for First Fridays for a year; I am so happy to be back, and look forward to seeing you! I will also be open for the SOWA Art Walk, May 15-16, from 11am-6pm. I have completely re-done my studio, have much more display space with new lighting and many new framed prints; I hope you'll come and see them.

Also, beginning this month, I will be hosting a guest artist each month. Many of these artists will be clients for whom I make limited edition and/or photo prints, so you'll get a chance to see that aspect of my work. This month, I am very pleased to be hosting a visiting painter from Uruguay, Jose Trujillo.

José Trujillo was born in Maldonado, Uruguay in 1960, where he still paints and resides. In his youth, he studied drawing and painting with Manolo Lima. Trujillo is a career artist who has devoted his life to his craft. The fundamental focus of his work at first glance appears to stream towards naturalism and realism, but his approach is far more complex; he can not be restrictively labeled by the standard definitions of these styles. Trujillo does not seek traditional reality, rather choosing to transform his observations by imposing his artistic language. By remaining loyal to himself and ignoring trends, Trujillo upholds the integrity of his art. He has exhibited at galleries, museums, and cultural centers worldwide. José Trujillo can be contacted at: jtrujillo6@yahoo.com

Also this month, in addition to new prints from my personal collection, I will continue to feature newly restored photographs of early 20th century China from the archive of my Grandfather, William Leete. Finally, I will have new examples of client work, both photography and Fine-Art reproductions.

Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Printmaking Studio
450 Harrison Avenue, Studio 227
Boston, MA 02118

Bill@MorseEditions.com



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?