Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.


Tuesday, January 05, 2010

MAKING THE ART SEEN | artSPACE@16 Online Gallery - January 6, 2010

Featured Interview: Joetta Maue, Fiber artist (Brooklyn, New York, USA)

Excerpts from the interview:

"I use all found linens to work on as I find the connection to the past, female voice, and domestic space very important. My work very much comes from a feminist tradition and voice, therefore I like being able to collaborate with creators and needle workers of the past and give them and their work a new voice...."

"My work is currently on view as part of a solo show, Waking with you, at Elizabeth A. Beland Gallery in Lawrence, MA through February 19, 2010. This exhibition features my work dealing with the place and subject of the bed. The work displayed is mostly from my image based embroideries but also includes a full wall of text and photographs from my online project waking with you... "

Read on > http://www.artspaceat16.com/


* * * Joetta's art reception has been scheduled for this Friday, January 8, from 5pm to 7pm. The Elizabeth A. Beland Gallery is located on the first floor of Essex Art Center at 56 Island Street, Lawrence, MA. For more info, please visit http://www.essexartcenter.com/ * * **



<< Home

Click HERE to view the Premium Art Deadlines List.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?